Shake-up & Wake-up Calls – 12 Simple Ways to Finding your dreams again
Welcome everyone to August. Yes, if you feel like me and blinked too fast, you might also have awoken to the realisation that 7 months have passed us by.
This past month has proven to be a very real wakeup call for me, which has prompted me to relook at my life and how Im living it. In this last month, I have attended 4 funerals of close friends and dear family .
It’s a morbid topic I know, but the reality is there is an earthly end, and non of us know when it is.
It’s amazing how , even though we know the inevitability , it can shock us to our very core, especially when it occurs to those we held in high esteem. Who, even though they warned us they were human, we still loved so dearly ,that we chose to ignore the possibility of their end.
When all has been said and done, or remains unsaid, in the event you didn’t keep in contact, your daily life now needs to carry on.
I am struck today with a sense of urgency, to live the life I envisioned, from my younger days when I still dared to dream.
I feel like I owe it to those who went so suddenly this last month, to make a difference, for the sake of my family, my self , to re-grab life by the horns and live life like I mean it. At one of the eulogies, a comment was made. Don’t have a bucket list…..rather live it.
It’s certainly a strange feature of the human brain, that we slip into a comfort zone, even if we are desperately uncomfortable , shelve our dreams for another day, and believe our stagnation is serving a cause.
I want to challenge you today, to set a new course for yourself . Pull out the images from your younger days where you dared to dream and set out a new course for you and your loved ones, ensuring that you start to live and love as though tomorrow does not exist.
We owe it to those who have fought the good fight before us, and left us. With love in our hearts and great memories of those who have passed from our presence, stand up, step out and be who you always planned to be and above all, start to dream again.
Here a few ideas I have had these last few days that Im going to put into action to get my dreams back on track. I would love to hear your ideas, to recharge the energy and dreams back into your life, please drop me a comment. Who knows, maybe we can inspire each other to keep looking up and moving forward .
12 Ways to Finding your Dreams Again
- Unsubscribe from those frivolous emails
- Take 5 Minute breaks every hour and go and look at something beautiful, preferably outside, if you can
- Be consistent in a daily quite time with God
- Give hugs
- Don’t procrastinate
- Be chilled, if your schedule gets turned on it’s head today.
- Give even more hugs
- Use words wisely and kindly. In the wise words of Thumper, from the movie Bambi : “If you can’t say nothing nice, don’t say nothing at all !”
- Tell people that you care about them, they may not be there tomorrow.
- Find a way to combat stress, that isn’t harmful to yourself, your body or those around you.
- Time block your daily activities and don’t let someone else’s emergency turn into your problem
- Be kind to yourself and your body, it’s yours to look after, and only runs well if well maintained
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Your sincerely, with a sad heart, but grateful for everyday and hour I am granted,